Saturday 15 March 2014

Confessions Of a 'Naturalista'!

This week I've decided to switch things up a bit I've asked 4 beautiful young women to share their experiences of having natural hair and throughout the following days I will be sharing their stories with you,

!! DARE TO BE DIFFERENT! ... DARE TO ROCK YOUR HAIR WITH CONFIDENCE!!


NATURALISTA #1

Leanarda Niles she has been a Naturalista all her life and she would like to share what she is doing to maintain her hair & keep Healthy. 

I CANTU, do you?


I’ve been natural all my life, a born natural, but only recently have I embarked on a journey to true healthy natural hair. When I was about twelve I realized that my hair was “short”, which didn’t seem to bother me much but I then started to long for “longer” hair. During that time my cousin, who is very good with hair, used to braid my hair for me in all kinds of styles and this started the growth path for me. My hair soon became “long” and I was content. Throughout the years I’ve experienced braids and more recently weave.

My journey to healthy natural hair truly started after my move to Canada, when I visited home I realized that my hair had been so dry and damaged and poorly taken care of. After this I vowed to start caring for my hair in much better ways than before. I’ve experimented with different products here and there, but more recently I've been using CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER. I love it because it works for me and it smells great! I try to wash or co-wash my hair once a week, but in winter time maybe 2-3 times a month with more co-washing than washing due to the extremely dry weather. I have grown to love CANTU’s products much more, so much that I invested in their line: Shampoo, Wash out Conditioner and even co-wash conditioner. Cantu products really make my hair soft and is my “go to “for any quick and simple twist out methods. I usually twist my hair every night using a well known method to many naturals. I spritz with distiller water (mixed with oils), add my Cantu for moisture, then seal with an oil/butter. This keeps the moist and not so dry during the winter months.

Like I said, it works for my hair type and me.








No comments:

Post a Comment